Deirdre West Roy
The underlying causes of why you feel the way you do can be complicated. I use a uniquely integrated approach to help my clients maximize their health and wellness. Together we will assess your wellness from a physical, emotional, nutritional, and spiritual approach. We will look at your lifestyle choices in these areas as I empower and support you to create the necessary changes to lead a healthy life in mind, body, and spirit.
I see you!
“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
~ Maya Angelou
Learning to accept yourself and others is a journey. My therapeutic approach is to create a partnership with you through a mutual exchange of information. First, it is important for us both to understand your goals, your dreams and your vision of your true self. Together, we will build a tool box to help you actualize these goals in a safe, private, healing, and nurturing environment. Develop your internal toolbox, discover your true self, and transform your mind and body with the help of positive self imaging, stress management techniques, mindfulness based approaches, physical activity, and mindful eating.
Discover your own success and propel yourself down the path to resilience and wellness!
Mind Body Wellness is based on the interconnection of thoughts, emotions, our physical bodies and our environment. Our work together can include developing positive coping strategies, nutrition, physical activity, social support, and relaxation. What we do with our physical bodies can impact our mental health. Likewise, our thoughts, and beliefs can affect our body.
“The Body Achieves What the Mind Believes.” So lets feed our body positive thoughts and healthy food!
- Over 20 years of experience as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in New England and the Virgin Islands Masters of Social Work ~ Boston University
- Bachelor of Science in Family Studies & Psychology – University of New Hampshire
- Clinical Mind/Body Medicine Advanced Training ~ Benson Henry Mind Body Institute, Harvard University
- Advanced Specialty Training Mind/Body Medicine ~ Benson Henry Mind Body Institute, Harvard University
- Certificate Program in Whole Health Education/Coaching ~ National Institute for Whole Health
- Certificate Program in Mindfulness and Psychotherapy ~Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy
- Certificate Program in Nutritional Psychology ~ JFK University